Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let It Rain

"the best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It's cold and rainy here in the South today. They thought it might turn to snow, but all we've seen is rain with a little bit of sleet mixed in. I know, I blog about weather...a lot. I'm a weather nerd and I don't mind sayin' so. Not only do I shamelessly follow Jim Cantore on Twitter, but I have one of those remote weather monitors that tells me exactly what temperature it is outside before I even get out of bed. I love it.

It's fascinating to watch this complex atmosphere that our God created...full of power and tiny delicate wonders. I think part of the fascination comes from the fact that weather is still somewhat of a mystery. We might be able to forecast what might fall from the sky, but we really don't know exactly what is going to happen until we're in the moment. I guess it's kind of like life. Every snowfall has it's own unique snowflakes and every rainstorm has it's own unique raindrops, just as every person has their own unique life and experiences. The key is how we look at it. And when we have faith in God we don't have to worry about what falls from the sky, because we rest knowing that He already knows what is to come and He knows what we need. It might be a challenge to look out the window today and see sunshine, but if you look close enough you just might see a beautiful day....

"For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there, but water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
-Isaiah 55:10-11








No comments:

Post a Comment